This grace must give vent to itself and be manifested, for it is the very law of the divine nature, not merely to be—but to manifest itself. This is the law of all being—to bring forth that which it contains; in other words, to manifest itself; as in the case of the seed sown in the ground; a law which, in the creature, is the finite copy or image of that which has its seat and origin in the infinite Creator himself. The sun cannot but shine; the fountain cannot but pour forth its waters; the seed cannot but shoot up and bear fruit after its kind. Just so, divine goodness cannot but spread itself out, divine holiness cannot but come forth, divine wisdom cannot but give utterance to itself, and divine grace cannot but unfold its riches. —Horatius Bonar, 1867 (emphasis added)
Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins. (2 Corinthians 5:17–19 MSG)
The new creation takes humanity far beyond religious symbols, spiritual rituals, denominations, disciplines, and routines.
Jesus did not come to the earth to:
- Replace Jewish customs with His customs
- Replace Jewish rituals with His rituals
- Replace Jewish religion with His religion
- Replace going to a synagogue with going to a church
- Whitewash the old
- Refurbish humanity
Jesus came to the earth to:
- Replace the “opium of the people” with a relationship no high could offer
- Rebirth the human spirit to reconnect with the Spirit of God
- Establish an ongoing Spirit-to-spirit communication, communion, and companionship with God
- Transform the mind to be enabled to live from the divine nature and not from the old nature
- Birth a new transformational lifestyle of love and unity
- Build a new kingdom community
- Provide a new filter through which human beings could see themselves
- Provide a new filter through which human beings could see others
- Provide a new filter through which human beings could see the world
- Provide us with a way to experience life lived in community
This lifestyle is based not simply on belief, but on the relational experience as a consequence of belief. This relational ongoing journey is true in any relationship. After a wedding, does a couple simply believe they are married and then meet for an hour once a week or do they begin to walk daily in communion, communication, and companionship resulting in doing life together?
Life disruption does not fix a broken system but creates a new system. Jesus, the Ultimate Life Disruptor, had arrived. He brought about a new creation by rewriting the story of life.